You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Attention Dual-Booters: New Internet Explorer Exploit Affects IE 6 - IE 11

Author (Read 4585 times)

Teddy

• 'Deep in the heart of Texas!'
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Texmex
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz/Turbo 3.5Ghz Quad Core (Skylake)

• MEMORY: 24Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M - 6GB VRAM

• Kernel: 6.x
Yup. I heard about this on my local television news channel. Thanks for sharing! Another reason NOT to use Microsoft bloatware, let alone it's security issues.
Theodore,

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e015dx (11-inch "Travelbook")
ASUS Republic Of Gamers G752VT-DH74 (17-inch Main) [6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU, 24GB RAM]

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello, All!

I ran across this article today, and thought I'd share it with the community. It seems that there's a new exploit in Internet Explorer that allow a malicious user to take control of your computer and install files on it, simply by having you to visit a malicious website.

Fixes for Vista and higher are coming, but there will be no fix for XP. Since Firefox and Chrome are not affected by this exploit, it is recommended that Windows XP users use Firefox or Chrome from now on, as opposed to Internet Explorer.

I don't know about anyone else, but doesn't this seem like a recurring theme that triggers most of the M$ security updates?

Here's the URL of the whole story:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/27/5659006/internet-explore-zero-day-security-flaw-affects-all-versions

Of course, none of this affects users who only use Linux Lite. ;) I post this for the benefit of those who dual-boot with Windows...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:09:08 PM by N4RPS »

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section