General > Off Topic

100 largest files in a default Linux Lite Series 6 install

(1/3) > >>

Jerry:
Nice pick up @WytWun I'll do some cleaning.

vint:
Howdy Serb,
$330.00 is a lot of money here in the US as well, at least for me it is.  When I finally get my SS the first investment I'll make is in a PC that I can build on that our household can all use but I will keep my Compaq Presario as long as it keeps working.  Linux Lite is an awesome OS and I'm so glad I decided on it rather than some of the others that say they are low on resources. 

Best regards,

WytWun:

--- Quote from: Jerry on October 28, 2022, 04:47:16 AM ---Explains why distro ISO's are growing each year...

--- Code: ---...
77M /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libmergedlo.so
74M /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/libmergedlo.so
65M /opt/libreoffice7.3/program/libmergedlo.so
29M /opt/libreoffice7.3/program/libicudata.so.70
28M /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/libicudata.so.69
19M /opt/libreoffice7.3/share/config/images_karasa_jaga_svg.zip
19M /opt/libreoffice7.2/share/config/images_karasa_jaga_svg.zip
18M /opt/libreoffice7.3/share/extensions/dict-en/th_en_US_v2.dat
18M /opt/libreoffice7.2/share/extensions/dict-en/th_en_US_v2.dat
18M /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/libswlo.so
17M /opt/libreoffice7.3/program/libswlo.so
17M /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/libsclo.so
15M /opt/libreoffice7.3/program/libsclo.so

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Duplicates from multiple LibreOffice versions?  I would have expected only a single LibreOffice version in an ISO...

Şerban S.:
Hi, Vint! :)
Same thinking here! :)

--- Quote from: vint on October 29, 2022, 11:46:04 AM ---[...] I just don't understand how LL could be #7[...]
--- End quote ---

That's a long story. Read my previous posts on that...

--- Quote from: vint on October 29, 2022, 11:46:04 AM ---[...] my Compaq Presario cq56 is almost 12 years old. [...]
--- End quote ---

I've done some research on that.
The market value, is around 310 -330 USD.
Here, in Romānia, that's a lot of money. For me, at least... I would think more than twice, before giving it up.
I used to have a Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and I gave it up, because the USB controller and the WiFi chipset, got broken. I was sorry, but had to move on.
This Presario, is close to ThinkPad T400. I would keep it, as long as possible!

--- Quote from: vint on October 29, 2022, 11:46:04 AM ---[...] Linux Lite saved my laptop and in turn many $$$$ as I don't have to spend limited resources on a new one right now, and that my friends is priceless. [...]
--- End quote ---

I totally subscribe! As I said before, we're speaking of over 300 USD...

--- Quote from: vint on October 29, 2022, 11:46:04 AM ---[...] I look forward to buying a new laptop with newer hardware [...]
--- End quote ---

I'd like that too, but it still exceeds my hardware budget so far. Maybe next year... Maybe...
I had some expenses that were higher ranked on my priorities list than a new laptop...

Best regards! :)

vint:
Howdy,
I just don't understand how LL could be #7, my Compaq Presario cq56 is almost 12 years old.  At the time it was purchased specifically for mobile work at a jobsite renovation my company was working on, our office had 2 PC's and 2 printers but no laptops.  I never imagined keeping it this long but unforeseen things happen and here I am.  Linux Lite saved my laptop and in turn many $$$$ as I don't have to spend limited resources on a new one right now, and that my friends is priceless. 
I look forward to buying a new laptop with newer hardware and erasing Windows and installing a new version of Linux Lite on it and never looking back, never having Windows looking over my shoulder, messing with my computer making it slow and unusable.  Thank you Jerry and all who have helped me along for the past 8 months while I painfully learned a new way of computing, and I look forward to the future of Linux Lite.

Best regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version