You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

x11vnc build differences

Author (Read 1932 times)

x11vnc build differences
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:04:11 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
X11vnc Xenial based -build1 does not work properly in Linux Lite. The Debian -build 2 version works perfectly in Debian Jessie beyond 8.3. I personally like the simplicity of x11vnc and the nix fun inside and I would still like to see it produce functioning GUI tk files properly instead of falling back to the terminal in Linux Lite. I've tried a few scripts to make the Debian core independent to the LL OS but to no avail. Right now I'm considering a slack like module (I have a compiler/converter for Debian applications) but I would really like to see the thing function from the GUI properly in Linux Lite. Ubuntu has little interest (medium) because of their native vnc server. I've tried them all, and honestly x11vnc has the widest range, and most possibility. Anybody have any ideas? Chime in.

TC   
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section