You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

without internet in LL 4.8 - I am a new user

Author (Read 7873 times)

Re: without internet in LL 4.8 - I am a new user
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »

vitto10

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi, I was able to solve the problem.

Being the PC connected by ethernet, it fails to connect and I even tried to manually put ipv4 but neither.
I manage to work leaving the ethernet cable connected and automatic configuration, leaving approximately 10 minutes connected. I have no idea why.
Every time I start the PC this happens, that is, I have to wait 10 minutes to connect to the internet, so what I did was take a picture of how much I was connected and put it manually in the ipv4 configuration. PROBLEM SOLVED

Then I had trouble detecting the Wi-Fi board, but by searching for commands on the internet I managed to get it to work. I can't say what they were.

PD: It should be said that the LL system is run on a notebook.

Regards  8)

Re: without internet in LL 4.8 - I am a new user
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »

JohnD

• Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
    • Linux-Infos von Bernd Storck (German)

• CPU: Dual core AMD Athlon II X2 240

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA C61 [GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a]

• Kernel: 5.x
Document the issue
  • Can you add a screenshot and / or the exact error message LL sends?
  • What is the result, if you have entered the following command in "Xfce Terminal"?
Code: [Select]
ping -c6 8.8.8.8

Check hardware connection
Some basic checks. Do not say "It has worked yesterday." or "I have not changed anything with the cable." You have to narrow down the reason of your problem.
  • Check, if the cable is plugged in correct: Remove it and add it again at both ends!
  • Do you have a second computer, which can be connected by the same cable with the internet? Try it to check, if the cable is ok.
  • If there is another cable, working fine with another computer, try it with the computer under Linux Lite.
I hope that those answers will at least help other forum members to find a solution for you.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:13:13 PM by JohnD »
"Show up on time, know your lines, and don't bump into the furniture."

without internet in LL 4.8 - I am a new user
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 02:36:47 PM »

vitto10

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
good morning people,
my problem is that when connecting the pc by cable in linux lite I don't receive internet, when I connect it loads but ends up telling me that there is no connection.
I tried manually entering my ip, mask, getaway but it didn't work either.
For wifi nothing appears to me either.

Cheers

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section