Hardware - Support > Network

Wireless Network available but could't connect.

(1/2) > >>

stevef:
What OS and version was running when you ran this command

--- Quote ---ls -al /lib/firmware | grep 3945
--- End quote ---

KLINUX:
Vista 32bit

--- Quote from: stevef on May 18, 2023, 04:52:16 PM ---Gateway MT3423 hardware may be too old for any modern operating systems.

What OS and version was running when you first posted ?

--- End quote ---

stevef:
Gateway MT3423 hardware may be too old for any modern operating systems.

What OS and version was running when you first posted ?

KLINUX:
So i was not able to reinstall any linux distro.  I had to reinstall origional Vista to bring it back to life.  Switch WIFI card.  Both Vista and Linux can't connect.  Is it because of mini PCI card, not the newer mPCI-e?
Now, can't install any distro, just hung.

KLINUX:
I did the update installs via LAN last night and now it is stuck when reboot.  I will try to reinstall it again and see what happens.

--- Quote from: stevef on May 17, 2023, 03:28:25 AM ---It could be just that the credentials you are entering are incorrect, so I'd begin by checking there.
If the credentials you are using contain any characters like currency, symbols, punctuation etc.  check the keyboard regional setting is correct.
If you can change the wifi key on the router temporarily, try setting up a very simple SSID name and password to see if that connects.

There are several other things it could be so please provide a bit more information. For example -
Has this ever worked ?  If so, what changed ?

Post back with the results of

--- Code: ---inxi -NSxxx
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---journalctl -b | grep -i "wifi\|wlan"
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version