You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Wifi configuration differs for two users

Author (Read 2251 times)

Re: Wifi configuration differs for two users
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:07:31 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Using Administrator account open Network Manager and check the box> All users may use this connection and uncheck the box> Always connect to this connection.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Wifi configuration differs for two users
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:03:07 AM »

fluffyMart

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I have an up-to-date LL install on an older Dell laptop with two configured users: one "admin" user and a "normal" user. The laptop connects fine to the wifi at home for both users and it works well.

For the "normal" user, there's no list of available wifi connections when you click on the system tray icon. But there is a list of available connections for the "admin" user. Checking the user config dialog, I think the only significance difference between the two is that the "admin" user has sudo checked.

Have I missed something in my user setup, or (more likely) misconfigured something? I'd have thought it should be ok for any "normal" user to be able to configure an alternative wifi connection without having to resort to granting them sudo ???

Cheers, Mart

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section