You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

wi-fi list question

Author (Read 5025 times)

Re: wi-fi list question
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
1) The best solution is to tell the neighbor to secure their network.
2) Set network manager to always automatically connect to the one network you prefer for all users.
3) Assuming this is a user problem like a kid connecting to another network when you don't want them to, you can then remove all the network manager icons from the XFCE DE for their specific user and maybe slow them down a bit.
4) Write a systemctl script that turns off network manager and denies Intetnet access to the kid (other user) altogether.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

wi-fi list question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:40 PM »

Abw

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: I-3

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel
Hi everyone, I don't think this has ever been asked before. I am helping a friend who keeps connecting to the wrong wi-fi network (the unsecured neighbour's) So, I'd like to know if it is possible to force the network manager to connect to one wi-fi network only and also hide all the wi-fi list except the one that it should be connected to?
Any step by step would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:28:45 AM by Abw »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section