You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Two Questions

Author (Read 5299 times)

Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »

protocol77

Hi I am trying to setup linux lite 2.0 on a spare machine to see how it will function as a server OS i have just done a fresh install and want to do the rest from my windows computer i am trying to connect using PuTTy but it won't connect i have used ifconfig to get the IP which is 192.168.1.5 but PuTTy keeps rejecting the connection i have checked by running apt-get openssh-client and it says it is installed (i assume by default) but still won't connect I know it is connected though because i can browse to \\192.168.1.5 using Windows Explorer and it shows the default LinuxLiteShare folder

It is connected via a ethernet cable into a 8 Port switch which the other computers is connected to also

Second Question

I have a wifi adapter i want to connect to it and use it to share an internet connection of my LAN in windows i am able to bridge the connections and share the internet recieved via that usb adapter over the network alongside my regular LAN shares how can i bridge a WIFI and Ethernet Connection together in linux lite
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:46:58 AM by protocol77 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section