You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Please help me, i have a question about DSL internet connection ?

Author (Read 7945 times)

Re: Please help me, i have a question about DSL internet connection ?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
Hi @kissbaby3, no need to worry :)

With an ethernet cable your pc is in direct connection with your router so is unlikely to be intercepted.
Wifi though, broadcasts in every direction and needs a security password to connect to your router.

If you have wifi on a laptop, tablet or smartfone, take a look at all the wifi signals you "could" connect to. All your neighbours connections will be visible and if you had their password you could connect to their router lol.

Anyway, for now don't worry. You only need security if you are using wifi :)

Thank you for replying , good to know this. my second Linux PC upstairs is using the wifi , it is secure.

Re: Please help me, i have a question about DSL internet connection ?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:16:58 AM »

DeepThought

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • WKDfm Radio | WKDfm Chat

• CPU: AMD Turion(tm) 64 x 2 Mobile Technology TL-60

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI RS480

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi @kissbaby3, no need to worry :)

With an ethernet cable your pc is in direct connection with your router so is unlikely to be intercepted.
Wifi though, broadcasts in every direction and needs a security password to connect to your router.

If you have wifi on a laptop, tablet or smartfone, take a look at all the wifi signals you "could" connect to. All your neighbours connections will be visible and if you had their password you could connect to their router lol.

Anyway, for now don't worry. You only need security if you are using wifi :)
Owner and DJ at WKDfm Radio ( www.wkdfm.co.uk )

Please help me, i have a question about DSL internet connection ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 02:00:51 AM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: on board
my internet connection works just fine, i was snooping around on my Linux pc and decided to look at my internet "connection information" and where it says security , it says "none", ha ha , i have been using it this way for several months now , everything seems fine. here is a screen shot of what i am talking about, i blacked out some stuff, tho . so is this ok ?, should i be worried ?. please help, lol.  i want to say thanks to every one.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:02:06 PM by kissbaby3 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section