You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Remmina sftp and ssh

Author (Read 5671 times)

Remmina sftp and ssh
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Just a happy note to those interested in easier ssh and sftp. Remmina has resolved its ssh versions problems, and encryption version problems, and its Debian stable to Ubuntu quirks, and it is now, by far and away, the simplest and best GUI way to use sftp and secure shell. No more extra file managers. No more Thunar bookmark quirks. No more copy and paste dilemmas. Any file can be uploaded or downloaded between computers. Both machines, or however many machines, must have openssh, client, server and sftp installed. You only need Remmina on one of them. You can download a file to one, disconnect from it, reconnect to another, and upload the same file, or a modified file to another. I think we finally have a user friendly GUI sftp thingamabob for Windows converts without any silly FM quirks. It didn't work right Debian to Ubuntu until recently but I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I'll never go back to any other GUI way of sftp. Here's a couple screenshots of my Deb desktop with Linux Lite opened up sftp, and Linux Lite in secure shell. Put a smile on my face I'll tell you. It works with Windows 10 openssh too. I have recently used this to remotely edit grub files myself.

http://imgur.com/a/d3oxK

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section