You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Overview of Linux Lite re Bluetooth

Author (Read 4607 times)

Re: Overview of Linux Lite re Bluetooth
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Colin23erk. I did a Google search on "Archlinux Bluetooth" and got this
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth

The Arch wiki is a good resource. I'll admit up front I don't understand all the information but it's still a very good source.

Re: Overview of Linux Lite re Bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:24:20 PM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

I just thought of another possibility. Have you tried uninstalling Pulse Audio and then  reinstalling it from the repositories?

I am going to try to pick up a USB Bluetooth adapter today, so I can try it on another laptop and see what happens...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

Overview of Linux Lite re Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 05:30:10 AM »

Colin23erk

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 256mb
Can anyone suggest a good book or articles to get a good overview of where Linux-Lite fits into the Linux System. and in particular for connecting the Bluetooth Adapter to Audio or Data .  I would like to understand what should be happening .

I have problem is with my Bluetooth Headset which connects OK to the Bluetooth adapter but the adapter cannot connect to Audio .  I have had good support from Rob without finding my problem. There appears to be a general problem in Ubuntu with pointing the audio to the correct sink . I understand that Lite uses Pulse Audio  and Blueman but from what I can see does not load Pulse Audio Bluetooth Module  . After loading the module I an no nearer.

I find Internet searches very confusing as there are so many different Linux distributions each with its own set of building blocks . It would simplify searching if I knew which posts in other forums are applicable to my search for Lite  . What might be helpful  is a simple block schematic diagram of were the various parts of Linux-Lite fit together . I find it very difficult to fault a problem when I do not understand what should be happening and why .

Colin
I Learn something new Every Day !
An "example" is worth a 1000 words

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section