You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Ethernet Card recognized by Linux Lite every other reboot

Author (Read 4709 times)

Re: Ethernet Card recognized by Linux Lite every other reboot
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 07:16:35 AM »

liamjake05

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb
trinidad, how do you disable hibernation and suspension? I am more than happy to disable them because my laptop crashes when trying to do any of those.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 09:22:19 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
You may be over-working/over-thinking the problem in your specific case with LL here. The next time you successfully connect, edit the connection while it's running: give it a new name, set its preference to allow all users, and to NOT automatically connect, and SAVE the edited connection. The link below describes the more likely cause of your issue. You could just turn off suspend and hibernate altogether.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1029250/ubuntu-18-04-ethernet-disconnected-after-suspend

TC 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:30:03 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »

liamjake05

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

UPDATE:

I have uninstalled Linux Lite and installed Linux Mint Xfce as a troubleshooting step. The problem still remains.

Ethernet Card recognized by Linux Lite every other reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »

liamjake05

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

I have just installed Linux Lite on an old Laptop with a Realtek FE Ethernet card. The card is only recognized every other reboot. The activity LED that is on the Ethernet port is on still when it doesn't work which tells me that the Ethernet has no hardware fault. When running ifconfig and the ethernet card is not working, the card does not show up. Wi-Fi works just fine.

Also, I have already tried doing everything on this page: [size=78%]https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2400056[/size]

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section