You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

ssh public access server ?

Author (Read 2624 times)

Re: ssh public access server ?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »

rondi

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i7-3770

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4000
Did you get this to work with your Rpi? I am going to buy an Odroid N2 to use as a media server. CoreElec is still in the alpha software phase. One of their requirements is to get system error files sent to them  -the dmesg. SSH is the way the ask folks to get them since most do not have a terminal & keyboard connected to them. I want to practice on my 2 laptops with ssh client on one and ssh-server on the other.

It seems like you were trying to do this too. Did you go back to a LiLi ssh server and how did yuou get it to work?

tia,
Ron

ssh public access server ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:58:17 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello,
can anyone tell me of a reputable public access ssh server ?
A few Chapters back in The Linux Command Line book -

pages 182-185 cover access, login, ls remote system to local system, tunneling (xload (or  yload)), scp and sftp.

More recent chapter -
page 209 covers tar piped from remote system to local system for a documents folder.

I wanted to try these things out rather than just read how they are done.
I do not wish to try setting up an ssh server as I'm just learning the very basics of it at the moment.
The server if any knows one, would need to be a little bit tolerant like not ban my ip address if I type a command wrong/typo or such.

Edit -
solved this, I will set up ssh server somewhere using one of my Raspberry Pi, so I can access it using my LL desktop from home.
I want to get to a specific chapter in the Linux Command Line book first before stopping, then I will spend the time on this as a small project until it is completed, and go back to the book afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:01:15 PM by bitsnpcs »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section