You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

How to re-install

Author (Read 5704 times)

Re: How to re-install
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon (TM) 64 processor 3500+

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: OpenGL Renderer Mesa DRI Intel(R) G33 x86/MMX/SSE2
Well I have try all. even I have re-install ll from scratch .It doing the same thing.
So will play again.
arxontas

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

There is the problem.It makes no deference what kernel i use.Both are give me the same problem.I will say if i reboot the pc  let's say 10 times a day, the internet connection is not working at list  7  of the reboots .IN order to make it work , i have to unplug the wire and  then plug it again.I use that pc with windows 7 before and i never had that proble.I look at the back and there are two lights are bling. One is white and the other red. The red has to be Green and not red.When  the internet is working, still the red light wont change to green.I have place back the window 7 hard drive and all ok.Well i will play and yes i did what you say and i will reboot it again and see.arxontas

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:41:50 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Did it work correctly in the initial installation and then fail to work properly after an update? How many kernels are installed? Make sure your system is booting from the newest kernel you have installed. Select it from advanced options in grub. If the card works on the newest kernel in a session then run: sudo update-initramfs -u and reboot.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

How to re-install
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »

arxontas

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Ok boys and girls.I have try to install  ll  4 and all are good.
update and all..The only problem i have is this.Pc starts fine BUT some times the ethernet is not working. some times if fine.It is wired . When the pc starts it shows the internet connection is there , But it is not working.In order to make it work, i have to unplug the ethernet wire and re insert it at list 2-3 times so then it works.Now restarting again the pc the ethernet is not working again.I have replace wire and others still thesame.What i need from some one who know how to re-install the ethernet drive (Step by step). Bellow it the info of the driver i have.PC is a Dell Optiplex 780 small desktop. Bios A8Thanks arxontas*-network                 
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 19
       bus info: pci@0000:00:19.0
       logical name: enp0s25
       version: 02
       serial: 78:2b:cb:98:18:6f
       size: 100Mbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=3.2.6-k duplex=full firmware=0.4-3 ip=192.168.0.107 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=100Mbit/s
       resources: irq:29 memory:f7fe0000-f7ffffff memory:f7fd9000-f7fd9fff ioport:ece0(size=32)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section