You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

ethernet cable attached but no internet on Acer Aspire 5000

Author (Read 7940 times)

ethernet cable attached but no internet on Acer Aspire 5000
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
I quickly checked LL 3.4 on an older Acer Aspire 5000 that was running XP. BUT I forgot to test the ethernet cable before I decided to install LL 3.4  :(

So unlike the other two computers that didn't connect to the WiFi, but did so via ethernet cable with me doing nothing this computer isn't connecting via the ethernet cable.

I'm unsure if I simply need to go in and add a network (I am a real newbie).  I am figuring it may be a driver issue, but have no way to get the driver.

I am wondering what to do?

My thoughts were:
1) use the ethernet cable (which itself does work) and hook it to another computer then look at all the network info (not sure exactly what I need, but maybe ip address..?) and then hook it to the non-connecting computer and put in all the same settings so as to hopefully get it connected to do all the updates (which with the other computers resolved the WiFi problem).

2) is there a way I can download the driver or update or kernel needed on another computer for this one?

Thanks,
Janet

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section