You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Asus Network Problems

Author (Read 3453 times)

Re: Asus Network Problems
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:08:52 AM »

chorlton

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 220 @ 1.20GHZ

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Silicon Integrated Systems 771/671
Further to the above, it's seemed to of fixed itself. A few days ago there was an update to IPRoute; can't say I've ever heard of it before. But coincidentally, that update along with a kernel change to 4.4.0-103-generic (x86_64) has seemed to of sorted it.

The only problem now is Chromium doesn't always render webpages correctly on load and have to be refreshed, whereas Firefox works perfectly, except that it's slower than Chrome and Chromium and kind of showing it's age. It was my preferred browser when I used Windows. Chromium has just this minute had an update, so I will see if there's any improvement.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 05:25:45 AM »

chorlton

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Thanks for the welcome MohhamedKhaled.

I don't think it's a driver problem, there's none listed anyway; more a DNS issue. It's like the Google IP's are being ignored and sites are being resolved against BT's IP addresses.

What I can't get my head around though is why booting from a live flash drive works fine while the installed version doesn't unless I boot into the live version first. Well when I say fine I still have to use Google's IP's to be able to connect to sites, else I'm stuck in the Resolving Host loop.

Does something from the live version go missing or become corrupt once it's installed? And why doesn't it work in persistent mode on the same flash drive?
Very strange goings on.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 03:13:28 AM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
  • Using Dell Inspiron 6400
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t7400 2.16GHZ-2.17GHZ

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
hmm, iam not an expert in this but i actualley face almost the same problem but the diffrence was that i am dual booting LL and windows7 ,,, anyway ,i would reccomend installing drivers via install drivers , i believe that you have done that before but if not then its a valiable answer ,
PS congrats on your first post and welcome to LL
Just Installed Linux lite??? check this tutorial
Have I Helped? Click [Thanks] button to the right.
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

Asus Network Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:56:37 AM »

chorlton

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

It's been about 10 years since I ditched Windows for Linux and in that time I have always found solutions to any problems in the various communities.

After constant searching for about a month I haven't found any way to solve this issue.

It all started with the dreaded Resolving Host in Chromium. So I changed to Google's DNS servers as is recommended and for a day or so I was back to trouble free browsing.

But now the problem has got worse and neither Chromium or Firefox will resolve hosts and just time out with a Server Not Found error.

However if I first boot from a live USB, connect to the WIFI, change the DNS to Google, without doing so it doesn't connect; restart the network and all is good, I can then boot from the hard drive and well here I am typing this as if I hadn't gone through that whole rigmarole to get here.

The whole booting from a live stick doesn't work in persistence mode with saved IPV4 changes.

I don't own a landline, I pay to connect to BT's hotspots which are in abundance in my area.
My desktop doesn't suffer with the same problem and neither does my 10" netbook that's also an Asus.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section