You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Advice needed for VPN troubles with Linux Lite 1.x

Author (Read 3098 times)

Re: Advice needed for VPN troubles with Linux Lite 1.x
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

mandoran

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Excellent thanks, will try that next.

Re: Advice needed for VPN troubles with Linux Lite 1.x
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:59:03 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
VPN is well supported on Linux Lite 2.4 so configuration is a breeze. As far as support on 1.06, you could try and install the following packages and let the software do the configuring for you:

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install vpnc openconnect network-manager-openconnect-gnome network-manager-vpnc-gnome network-manager-openvpn

Advice needed for VPN troubles with Linux Lite 1.x
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:02 PM »

mandoran

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hello all,

I suddenly began to have problems with my VPN, either my browser would lose contact with the 'net, or I was unable to connect at all. After much digging and some assistance from my provider, the key problem seemed to be an empty or non-existent resolv.conf file, and the following looked like a fix:

"Use following command and answer YES to enable dynamic updates:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf
Worked for me on Ubuntu 12.04.
"

I was also told to enter a specific DNS address in my /etc/network/interfaces file.
After much trial and error I now have my VPN service working again - but now I cannot get a working connection at all without the VPN. I guess that I need to add DNS addresses, perhaps to the interfaces file, or one of the relevant files in the /etc/resolv.conf directory - but I was wondering if anyone had advice about how best to solve this.

Can anyone help me with this? (I am running a 1.x version of LL on this machine, and don't have time to upgrade it - am having a new machine put in fairly soon that will run the latest LL, but need to find a fix now...)

Thanks!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section