You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

4 computer network project...

Author (Read 9380 times)

4 computer network project...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 02:14:44 AM »

glin22

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 duo

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: onboard VGA support
Hi Folks,

What I'd like to do is set up a class C network of 4 computers. I want to be able to share info between all 4 of them locally but only 2 of the machines will be able to access the internet while the other 2 cannot have any internet traffic going in or out. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to read up on how I could do this but didn't really find anything that explained things in a clear way. I did find one article that had a bit of helpful info but it still isn't enough for me to solve this project.

I have 2 Linksys routers, I set the first router address to 192.168.1.1, the second router was set to a different subnet 192.168.2.1, the first router has the cable modem going into the WAN port. Then I linked up a ether cable from one of the LAN ports on the first router and had that going into the WAN port of the second router. I got a computer hooked up to the 2nd router by way of a LAN port but it still had access to the Internet. Is there any way to shut off any Internet traffic to any computers connected to the 2nd router but still have them capable of sharing stuff locally ?

Anyway, I need a bit of help from someone who knows more about how to do this as I am going around in circles. I think I can put this together if someone can get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Glin22
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:29:23 AM by glin22 »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section