Hardware - Support > Network

[SOLVED] Lost wifi after update and restart

<< < (2/5) > >>

bitsnpcs:
Good to hear the thread helped you tek10 to help your friend  8)

tek10:

--- Quote from: Robbz on September 23, 2014, 08:22:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: GS8764 on September 19, 2014, 11:20:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: bitsnpcs on September 19, 2014, 06:46:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: GS8764 on September 19, 2014, 03:34:57 PM ---I did read it, but when I tried to run rfkill, it hadn't been installed and the suggested install failed, presumably because I no longer had internet. This problem turns my laptop into a boat anchor, since the wired connection is upstairs on the other side of the house, but I'll go ahead and try Install Updates, then try this solution. I'll let you know if it works. I did run lshw and rfkill just now, so I'll be able to give you better documentation next time if it doesn't work.

--- End quote ---

I can see it must be frustrating, you have shown admiral character and patience.
Hopefully what you have read works now ?
If you do need further assistance the information will enable more experienced members the details needed for that level of help.
I will also continue to try my best to help.

--- End quote ---

Good news: It worked  ;D

I ran Install Updates and noticed that I hadn't lost the internet yet, so I ran the commands from the other post (below) and they completed successfully BEFORE I rebooted. Then I rebooted and the WiFi still worked.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source

Thanks for your help. I should have given the other post more thought before I bothered you. My Linux experience is more than a little rusty.

Other than this hiccup I'm very impressed with Linux Lite.

--- End quote ---

Just want you to know this worked for my Dell Inspiron 1525 as well!

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I installed LL 2.0 on a friends old Dell Latitude D620 using a BCM3411. Had the same problem after updating and reboot. This solution worked great.
Thanks from us as well!

bitsnpcs:
Glad to hear you're online Robbz  :)

Scott:
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. Happy to hear you're online again.

~Scott

Robbz:

--- Quote from: GS8764 on September 19, 2014, 11:20:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: bitsnpcs on September 19, 2014, 06:46:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: GS8764 on September 19, 2014, 03:34:57 PM ---I did read it, but when I tried to run rfkill, it hadn't been installed and the suggested install failed, presumably because I no longer had internet. This problem turns my laptop into a boat anchor, since the wired connection is upstairs on the other side of the house, but I'll go ahead and try Install Updates, then try this solution. I'll let you know if it works. I did run lshw and rfkill just now, so I'll be able to give you better documentation next time if it doesn't work.

--- End quote ---

I can see it must be frustrating, you have shown admiral character and patience.
Hopefully what you have read works now ?
If you do need further assistance the information will enable more experienced members the details needed for that level of help.
I will also continue to try my best to help.

--- End quote ---

Good news: It worked  ;D

I ran Install Updates and noticed that I hadn't lost the internet yet, so I ran the commands from the other post (below) and they completed successfully BEFORE I rebooted. Then I rebooted and the WiFi still worked.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source

Thanks for your help. I should have given the other post more thought before I bothered you. My Linux experience is more than a little rusty.

Other than this hiccup I'm very impressed with Linux Lite.

--- End quote ---

Just want you to know this worked for my Dell Inspiron 1525 as well!

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version