Hardware - Support > Network

[Solved] Dell Latitude C640 booting issue

(1/3) > >>

ohjrson:
Yeah that is what I was considering and I did find some information on it, but it looked so complicated. I decided against it. That was when I took off the Network boot and put on the way that I have it listed here. Next thing I know its booting from the usb.... I dunno....

Let me know if there is anyway or anything I can do to help. I think it would be a very viable way to install on machines that are similar.

ohjrson

N4RPS:
Hello!

I hadn't thought about booting LL from a LiveUSB in a network location. We played around with network boots in one of my MCSA classes; perhaps it is time to take another look at all that in more detail...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

ohjrson:
Hmm Sorry to hear that. I guess it was some kind of fluke then. There were several other options that you could select from if you pressed the space bar in the bios. It would add the little arrow to it and then you could move that up using another set of keys. I made sure that the HDD was the last one to try a boot from. I don't have the Laptop right now as it is with my guinea pig trying out Beryl. But I guess it could have been a fluke? Not sure how it actually worked...

Sorry
ohjrson

N4RPS:
Hello!

This didn't work for me. Looks like I'll keep that Plop CD handy...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

ohjrson:
Sure N4RPS
     Just in case that configuration does not do anything for you. There is one other thing I did do before, that I am not sure I got "turned off" because it still tries to do it (Boot up from server). Just before I got the USB to work I did have the laptop configured to boot from a network server, of course I had nothing configured and I more or less just did it because of frustration, but when that was proving to be fruitless, I changed the boot up sequence again, the way I have it listed now, with the exception of disabling (at least that's what I thought I did) the server/network boot. I still had my Live DVD in there and when the laptop started booting I noticed the DVD was not spinning and I was like WTF, NO WAY!!!.... Oh cool.... so I did not move the laptop in any way and once the live usb loaded I went right away to install and it worked. So Don't know if what I have listed will actually work but there is the whole story. Hope that configuration works for you. Let me know if it did. OK?

Thanks
Ohjrson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version