You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Tribal Moon!

Author (Read 4844 times)

Re: Tribal Moon!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »

AL13N

• Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
I saw it as emanating from within.

The undulation of the moon followed by the "shooting" of bright light/energy gave me the feeling of tension.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:54:42 PM by AL13N »

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:26:42 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Thank you for explaining the work and thought that went into creating the Tribal Moon.
I hope some of the other viewers write where the source is emanating from when they view it.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »

rbdflyboy

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
At first I didn't understand why the light was bright, I then realized I was not being very bright, the pointedness/sharpness in the tribal moon matched the sharpness of the light, extending the design theory, art should make people think and it made me think, very good work. :)

Thank you, can see here you have a keen eye for detail. Your comments are very well appreciated.

In this instance it is left up to the viewer to decide whether the source is emanating from within or coming in from without.
There are three light filters combined here to try to achieve  a synergistic relationship between each of them. The first is the dim light in the backround to emphasize the sharpness of my moon.. Next, used a lighting effects filter to emulate energy. Adjusted the axes settings to stretch, place, and direct the energy. The key here is the placement, too far in...took over the moon. It's centered exactly between the two outer points and the center line is provided by the two inner points for angular direction.  Next, needed a source...this is provided by the Lens Flare filter. Adjusted the axes for size, placement, and direction. Needed to be small enough to pass by the outer points and large enough in relation to the energy (this was somewhat tricky), placed the Lens exactly center of the inner points without going past the curves they are attached to and centered the Flare dead center of the energy. Added the IWarp filter in the usual manner and created the animation. That in itself created some more work with layer manipulation....there we have it.
Bear in mind these are first attempts, hopeful of the possibility of a better, brighter future. 

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
At first I didn't understand why the light was bright, I then realized I was not being very bright, the pointedness/sharpness in the tribal moon matched the sharpness of the light, extending the design theory, art should make people think and it made me think, very good work. :)

Tribal Moon!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:45:36 PM »

rbdflyboy

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Created this Tribal Moon image about 3-4 weeks ago and finished it today with an effect or two. Gave me some practice duplicating, renaming, and reordering layers. Have some more basics to learn as a precursor to using GAP (Gimp Animation Package)...would like to one day be able to create more stunning visual effects.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section