Development > Linux Lite Software Development

UEFI Build Test

(1/39) > >>

Şerban S.:

--- Quote from: Jerry on April 19, 2020, 09:13:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: ohjrson on April 19, 2020, 08:10:19 PM ---[...] Yes sir, But that hurt for the last week... learning all that... LOL

--- End quote ---
And people wonder why I hate UEFI :)

--- End quote ---

Hello!
I installed LL 5.0 relatively easy on Dell Precision T1700.
However, I have one single 240 GB SSD, so I really fail to understand the use of UEFI on a home/ small business computer. :o

Best regards! :)

Jerry:

--- Quote from: ohjrson on April 19, 2020, 08:10:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jerry on April 19, 2020, 08:02:02 PM ---@ohjrson consider how much more knowledgeable you are now. We are truly blessed to have such an awesome group of folk here willing to help. You're welcome :)

--- End quote ---

Yes sir, But that hurt for the last week... learning all that... LOL

--- End quote ---

And people wonder why I hate UEFI :)

ohjrson:

--- Quote from: Jerry on April 19, 2020, 08:02:02 PM ---@ohjrson consider how much more knowledgeable you are now. We are truly blessed to have such an awesome group of folk here willing to help. You're welcome :)

--- End quote ---

Yes sir, But that hurt for the last week... learning all that... LOL

Jerry:
@ohjrson consider how much more knowledgeable you are now. We are truly blessed to have such an awesome group of folk here willing to help. You're welcome :)

ohjrson:
Hey Jerry!!

Just wanted to give a shout to you for an awesome OS. I finaly got it to load on my laptop I was crying about. And just as I suspected it works flawlessly and way faster than Win10. Yes I did use the test build and although I did have a few issues with getting it to actually work it was all related to me not knowing how to get into the UEFI settings on the laptop. I never set a password for the supervisor and once I did everything came together.
 Check it out in the thread UEFI Install Problems. (Marked as solved now)

Many many thanks for the UEFI build Jerry. It was worth the heartache and headache to get it going.

Cheers!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version