You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Remmina and Gnome-Boxes

Author (Read 16898 times)

Re: Remmina and Gnome-Boxes
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
This thread is over three years old.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Remmina and Gnome-Boxes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
I will be getting another new machine by the end of this month and I'm going to dedicate a partition to Linux Lite 64bit. I intend to test and do some debugging of the new Remmina edition which has finally made it as far as backports in Deb stable and a new PPA in Ubuntu LTS. This is an application well suited to the LL philosophy of GUI simplicity and friendliness. As far as gnome-boxes it is suited to LL for the same reasons. Much easier to set up and use than Oracle though I am not sure how Qemu will work, if at all with LL. I use it regularly in Ubuntu LTS and again its simplicity for USB switching and the simple GUI make it a great candidate for Windows converts wanting to run virtual systems. It is certainly the simplest. I think both of these applications are very well suited for a "transitioning" Linux distribution.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section