You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Lite Tweaks - Suggestions welcomed

Author (Read 147996 times)

Re: Lite Cleaner - Suggestions welcomed
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »

altman

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
On Removing Old Kernels , maybe  have the kernels numbers together . It might be less confusing for the beginners , just saying here .
HP DV7 i7 2670QM 500.1GB 8GB Ram Dual-Boot LL2.4 Beta / Extix 15.1.1 64-bit 
Dell Inspiron 1720 CrunchBang 11

Duckduckgo ( for now )

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2015, 04:50:33 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
A little late but after the work was done to add this to Lite Cleaner, I found that if you right click on an item in recently used in the Whisker Menu you have options which include "clear recently used." Clicking it clears all the items in recently used.

Hello Coastie,

Thank You for the information, I was not aware of this. It will be good for cleaning the Whisker Menu on its own and means users have more than one option.

I still think it was a good decision on behalf of the team to add the functionality I requested to the Lite Cleaner, it means cleaning of the Whisker Menu can be undertaken as part of a multiple selection of cleaning tasks in a single GUI, which makes cleaning an efficient process.

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

Thank you friend :D

Do you think saline-backup might be handy, I use it a lot.

Create backup file 

Install backup file 

Clone partition 

Hello ukbrian,

I have LL as the only OS on its machine and am unfamiliar with managing partitions at this stage.
I think for those people using multiple partitions who are used to managing them saline-backup would be useful, it looks straight forward and efficient in use even to me.

I don't have Google account but I have bookmarked your channel in Firefox so I can watch some more tutorials, thank you for making them they are very useful. :)

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2015, 04:23:38 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
I have a suggestion for Lite Cleaner, an option to empty the "Recently Used" folder in the main menu.

A little late but after the work was done to add this to Lite Cleaner, I found that if you right click on an item in recently used in the Whisker Menu you have options which include "clear recently used." Clicking it clears all the items in recently used.

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »

altman

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thanx for links ukbrian , just subd to your YT Channel today .
HP DV7 i7 2670QM 500.1GB 8GB Ram Dual-Boot LL2.4 Beta / Extix 15.1.1 64-bit 
Dell Inspiron 1720 CrunchBang 11

Duckduckgo ( for now )

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »

ukbrian

• Old Fool
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hello ukbrian,
I enjoyed your video, found it informative.
Thank you friend :D

Do you think saline-backup might be handy, I use it a lot.

Create backup file 

Install backup file 

Clone partition 

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2015, 09:50:16 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

Hello ukbrian,

I enjoyed your video, found it informative.

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:22 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi all

Anthony Nordquist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SalineOS
followed a similar path using Debian stable and creating utilities, this was his "Clean" he wrote with Yad.

All his stuff is at https://github.com/SalineOS/SalineOS
He's moved on to Manjaro

Thank you for sharing that ukbrian. I think what we could do is add another column for 'Size' I agree with you somewhat that having the information in the middle of text is not as clear. Cheers :)

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »

ukbrian

• Old Fool
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi all

Anthony Nordquist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SalineOS
followed a similar path using Debian stable and creating utilities, this was his "Clean" he wrote with Yad.

All his stuff is at https://github.com/SalineOS/SalineOS
He's moved on to Manjaro

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »

Wirezfree

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite "Advocate"
    • View Profile

• CPU: i7-4790S

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD4600 (Integrated)
Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware that cookie manager extensions existed.  I've installed the one that looked most promising, EditThisCookie, and I've read the descriptions of others, but they don't seem to provide the facility that CCleaner gives you.  With that, you can permanently protect cookies from selected domains then delete all others periodically.  EditThisCookie lets you "protect" individual cookies by making them read-only, but this only means means that the website that created the cookie will no longer be able to change it’s values.

I still think that a CCleaner type selective cookie cleaner would be a useful addition to Lite Cleaner, but I really don't know whether that is possible, or whether the amount of work involved would be justified.

I totally agree that this would be a great addition to a great program. If you have not used this feature on CCleaner, try it out.  It saves a lot of hassle and is very simple to use.  The cookies used are listed out and you just select them to keep (or let them be discarded normally in the clean).  CCleaner updates leave the selected "save" cookies in place when the update takes place as well.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Very familiar with CCleaner, used it since it came out 10+ years ago..
I think it would be useful addition, but I think the Dev's have bigger fish to fry...

Dave
Upgrades WIP 2.6 to 2.8 - (6 X 2.6 to 2.8 completed on: 20/02/16 All O.K )
Linux Lite 3.0 Humming on a ASRock N3070 Mobo ~ btrfs RAID 10 Install on 4 Disks :)

Computers Early days:
ZX Spectrum(1982) , HP-150 MS-DOS(1983) , Amstrad CPC464(1984) ,  BBC Micro B+64(1985) , My First PC HP-Vectra(1987)

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2014, 02:53:03 PM »

ChrisL

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5

• MEMORY: 8Gb
Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware that cookie manager extensions existed.  I've installed the one that looked most promising, EditThisCookie, and I've read the descriptions of others, but they don't seem to provide the facility that CCleaner gives you.  With that, you can permanently protect cookies from selected domains then delete all others periodically.  EditThisCookie lets you "protect" individual cookies by making them read-only, but this only means means that the website that created the cookie will no longer be able to change it’s values.

I still think that a CCleaner type selective cookie cleaner would be a useful addition to Lite Cleaner, but I really don't know whether that is possible, or whether the amount of work involved would be justified.

I totally agree that this would be a great addition to a great program. If you have not used this feature on CCleaner, try it out.  It saves a lot of hassle and is very simple to use.  The cookies used are listed out and you just select them to keep (or let them be discarded normally in the clean).  CCleaner updates leave the selected "save" cookies in place when the update takes place as well.

Chris

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »

Wirezfree

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite "Advocate"
    • View Profile

I still think that a CCleaner type selective cookie cleaner would be a useful addition to Lite Cleaner,
but I really don't know whether that is possible, or whether the amount of work involved would be justified.
Hi bobw,

I can only surmise it will not be a simple job.?
They would 1st have to identify all the cookies,
then have to develop a screen(gui) to show you them,
and then a method to select which to either keep or delete.
Not forgetting, what if you have 2 or more browsers.??

IMHO...
I think there are probably more beneficial core things to do.

Dave
Linux Lite 3.0 Humming on a ASRock N3070 Mobo ~ btrfs RAID 10 Install on 4 Disks :)

Computers Early days:
ZX Spectrum(1982) , HP-150 MS-DOS(1983) , Amstrad CPC464(1984) ,  BBC Micro B+64(1985) , My First PC HP-Vectra(1987)

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »

bobw

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:49 AM »

Wirezfree

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite "Advocate"
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to include a selective cooky cleaner in Lite Cleaner, as in the Windows program CCleaner?  That enables you to maintain a list of cookies that will be excluded from the cleaning.  I use Google Chrome as my browser - I can, of course, clear browsing data in Chrome, but it's a blunt instrument that just wipes all cookies.

Hi,
You could always add a Cookie Manager Extension directly in Chrome.??
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/cookie%20chrome%20addon?hl=en&_category=extensions

Dave

Computers Early days:

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »

bobw

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to include a selective cooky cleaner in Lite Cleaner, as in the Windows program CCleaner?  That enables you to maintain a list of cookies that will be excluded from the cleaning.  I use Google Chrome as my browser - I can, of course, clear browsing data in Chrome, but it's a blunt instrument that just wipes all cookies.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section