Development > Linux Lite Software Development

Linux Lite Kernel

<< < (66/66)

Jerry:
Kernels available in both 32bit and 64bit versions.

Jerry:
So that we can better support new hardware, we've starting producing a custom Linux Lite kernel. I've yet to decide if this is something that will be offered post-release of each Linux Lite, or with the release.
When compiling this kernel, there is special emphasis on hardware support. I painstakingly go through the entire kernel and add as much hardware support as possible.

For this to be a success, I need your help.
We need people with the following graphics cards: ATI, Intel and nVidia.

These kernels will be beta quality until I am satisfied we have stable, reliable kernels available in both 32bit and 64bit versions. If you'd like to participate, do the following:

Open a terminal and do:

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get install linux-headers-linuxlite-3.15.0 linux-image-linuxlite-3.15.0 -y
--- End code ---

Ignore any errors in the terminal.

NB: This should NOT be tested on your everyday machine unless you know how to remove the kernel from a tty. If you have a spare pc or laptop lying around with the above graphics cards we really need your feedback and your results. Also if you are using VirtualBox, these LL Kernels will not work with it. You'll have to use the stock kernel that ships with LL if you want to use VirtualBox.

We will only release the latest stable mainline kernels, if you're not sure what these are see here - https://www.kernel.org/ it will be the kernel version in the yellow box on the right.

Thank you :)

Valtam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version