Development > Linux Lite Software Development

Linux Lite Kernel

<< < (64/66) > >>

newtusmaximus:
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Si1520  + 2GB RAM on LL 2.0 + new trial Kernel. Video working fine on INTEL 945GM/GMS 943/940 GML Integrated Graphics Controller (rev03).  Display max 1280 x 800

Was working on original Kernel.

As an aside - I know it should be in software section- but Google Earth still does not work as "unsupported graphics card" even after the kernel upgrade - Works on this machine with Puppy Linux 5.7.1 and Xorph  Puppy upgrade..

Jerry:

--- Quote from: myrddin on July 01, 2014, 08:37:44 AM ---Is there anything in particular that you would like me to try ???

--- End quote ---

Just what is mentioned in the first post, if you have those brands. Other than that, thank you for your feedback :)

Jerry:

--- Quote from: stamper on July 01, 2014, 04:17:15 AM ---Hi, i install the LINUXLITE 3.15 kernel en what a surprise. My pc  get  more memory than the normal 3.15 kernel. 1004,6 ipv 1003,2.

Question : is there a site where the linuxlite kernel stand. I was looking but can't find him.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

http://repo.linuxliteos.com/linuxlite/pool/main/l/lite-kernel/

myrddin:

--- Quote from: Valtam on June 14, 2014, 02:54:41 PM ---So that we can better support new hardware, We've starting producing a custom Linux Lite kernel. I've yet to decide if this is something that will be offered post-release of each Linux Lite, or with the release.
For this to be a success, I need your help.
We need people with the following graphics cards: ATI, Intel and nVidia.

Thank you :)

Valtam

--- End quote ---

Hi there,
I've installed the 3.15 kernel on my ASUS laptop, NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M, using the NVIDIA driver ver# 331.38.
No problems at all so far. All applications are working  normally, YouTube Mozart concert, VLC playing DVD movie, Xscreensaver running GL-extras. NVIDIA X-Server settings are all functional, as are e-mail, browsing, Office writer, etc...
I have all my data on an external HDD (SATA to USB3 connector box), as the OS is resident on internal SSD. If the kernel breaks, I can either remove it via the terminal, or simply reinstall LL. It doesn't take very long, and I have my edited FSTAB (for ssd optimization) on the HDD.
Hope this helps.. Is there anything in particular that you would like me to try ??? I am retired, and do have "some" spare time on my hands..although, right now, there are two German Shepherds looking alternately intently at me, and at the front door !!!
Oh, Happy Canada Day to us Canucks, and to everyone else....
Regards
Richard

stamper:
Hi, i install the LINUXLITE 3.15 kernel en what a surprise. My pc  get  more memory than the normal 3.15 kernel. 1004,6 ipv 1003,2.

Question : is there a site where the linuxlite kernel stand. I was looking but can't find him.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version