You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

I want to spearhead an effort for better documentation in the projects of LL

Author (Read 5521 times)

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Sounds good Adrian, once we get the org set up we can move forward with this. Cheers :)

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/developers-corner/github-organisation/

AdrianKoshka

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon 5350

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Corporation GK208 [GeForce GT 730]
As many of you probably saw in my brash, somewhat inflammatory first post on the forums, I had some personal issues in regards to the documentation of applications and projects run by LL. I guess it all started when ShaggyTwoDope had me help him fix up some markdown for lite-update https://github.com/linuxlite/lite-updater. Shaggy had a wonderful foundation of a README.md file, and I helped him spruce it up a little, and even since then he's made it even better (e.g. travis-ci integration). I want to start real simple, and just spruce up the README files for the various github repos of linux lite, using lite-updaters' readme file as a sort of template. The readme is rather simple to understand, brief, but has enough information. e.g.

• Project name (with travis-ci shield)
  • Brief Description
  • Some nice screenshots
  • Depends list (bulleted)
  • Authors list (bulleted and alphabetical)
  • Credits section (bulleted and alphabetical)

This will help LL developers (present and future), because they'll have a short, but concise description of each project, instead of having to go through code and see what is used.

Alongside a standardized template for readme files, I feel a simple changelog would be a nice addition (though to be honest, this is what tags are for in git). So developers could keep track of ongoing changes, lite-updater so happens to also have a very nice, simplistic example of a changelog template, made up my ShaggyTwoDope.

As far as the lite-manual goes...I really don't want to tackle that as of right now.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section