You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Super Windows 10 from Lite 4.8

Author (Read 10228 times)

Re: Super Windows 10 from Lite 4.8
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 03:00:58 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
OP has refused to respond. Banned and locked.

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Resource: https://www.facebook.com/pg/LeighHackspace/about/?ref=page_internal

Actively trolled MX Linux. Manjaro, Mint, Linux Lite, Libre Office, Peppermint as bscho and other forums at Windows 7 EOL. Would have been bounced at Debian forum of course. Associated with, though how much is up for speculation, Dr. Marcus Baw old time IT FOSSer Ruby developer etc. maybe venting frustration with failed Health Open source hub efforts. Who knows... but a troll with resources and attitude. Just humor with aggression. Pretty pointless though... and a rather misguided way of seeking support... thumbing your nose at other developers.

https://windows12iso.com/

TC
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:51:44 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 08:47:32 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
I don't think this was meant as satire unfortunately.
Taking the Smallflacid ;) looks/wallpaper and selling them is sure to get a "cease and desist" letter in the least, a lawsuit in worst case scenario.

Using them (maybe just Windows 7 and prior?) without profit seems an "accepted" scenario.
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

I'm reasonably sure that this is satire. It appeared here on the heels of the Windows 7 EOL hoopla. The way LL was promoted as an alternative to Windows 7 (the Windows 7 wallpaper) may have instigated its appearance. I could see some snobbish Linux purists not appreciating that particular promotion method. It is obvious enough that the persons involved have resources and skills: SEO, DVD packaging, knowing market locations most likely to be attended by reviewers. The dumbing down of the content was probably satirical as well: a slap at Ubuntu derivative developers, and a slap at the promotional method of presenting Linux as a Windows alternative. Selling for profit is not the same as selling for loss, and selling as satire generally would protect the seller in the US. The person is marketing comedy here, not an OS, and poking fun at both Windows and Linux users. No lawsuits. Just satire... a little puerile... but satire nonetheless.

TC   
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:23:23 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »

az2020

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Ryzen 3 3200u

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon Vega 3

I bet they hear from Smallflacid's lawyers soon. (I'm pretty sure that's trademark infringement.).

Even though Linux Lite is free to use, doesn't something about open-source licensing protect against this kind of wholesale repackaging? I don't know where the fine line is. The person who did this could have one it by going further upstream using Ubuntu's base system the way so many distros do it (and Ubuntu encourages). But, taking a distro and renaming it? That's potentially bad press for Linux Lite. If everyone's mentioning it as "it's LL with Smallflacid's background...," it pulls LL into discussions in ways LL wouldn't be if the person had made their own distro (in the way they are passing this off as being).

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

This kind of thing can only be taken as satire, though Windows bashing is so old and tired that there is nothing original to say any more. I hesitated to comment on this at all originally because commenting is a form of validation in itself. Where it actually gets funny though... is in the media coverage... and a little weird. No one knowledgeable would give this any credibility... so... it's obviously true that anybody can write an article these days... which again could be taken for satire... except the subject is SOOOOOO OLD & TIRED...

I don't hate Windows OS. It just annoys me sometimes compared to Debian. Windows recommendation below:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/ltsc-what-is-it-and-when-should-it-be-used/ba-p/293181

It is a shame that whoever this is picked Linux Lite... but it really is just a "who gives a s**t" kind of thing anyway. At first I felt sorry for them, and didn't want to discourage them, taking them for a new kid with a new toy, so I refrained from commenting. Seemed like a horrible website, but apparently it is well SEOed... and though that in itself is mildly interesting... so was snake oil a hundred years ago.   

TC   

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 07:06:13 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

I thought this was only LL with a Windows 10 wallpaper, which it is, but now you're telling me this is some kind of "distro" too? You're kidding right? cause this is a joke, a very bad joke. And they sell this stuff? And people buy this stuff? hahahahaha
From one of those links
The operating system appears to be a slightly modified version of the Ubuntu-based Linux Lite with an xfce desktop environment and a Windows 10 theme to make the OS look more familiar for folks migrating from Microsoft’s operating system.
"slightly modified" yeah, they placed almost every icon on the desktop and add a W10 wallpaper. Yikes!.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:17:54 AM by Moltke »
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »

bscho

• ginamiller.co.uk/superlite.php
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member Made it into Windows 12 Lite
    • View Profile
    • Best Operating Systems and Desktops Dual booting with Windows

• CPU: Various usually AMD

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Various

"Only found out about his distro in a Windows 7 video this morning. I have now added it as it is simply the best distro for migration to Linux from Windoze"

You betcha ! All I ever install for new users.

TC

You are right there are two leaders now Lite and the desktop and Manjaro. Lite is faster and Manjaro has a better Software Manager and really great Grub with icons for each distro. I wish Lite would make that improvement in the next version.
Inventor of Windows 12 Lite for Windows 7 users who want to remember the worlds worst operating system they have switched off from the internet and dual boot using Windows 12 Lite no ads no waiting when Updates are forced when you want to work. No virus no ransomware and 3 times faster than Windoze.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

"Only found out about his distro in a Windows 7 video this morning. I have now added it as it is simply the best distro for migration to Linux from Windoze"

You betcha ! All I ever install for new users.

TC

Super Windows 10 from Lite 4.8
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »

bscho

• ginamiller.co.uk/superlite.php
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member Made it into Windows 12 Lite
    • View Profile
    • Best Operating Systems and Desktops Dual booting with Windows

• CPU: Various usually AMD

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Various

I have made a Super Windows 10 from Lite. Basically it just has the Windows 10 Wallpaper. Instructions for installation and setting up are at ginamiller.co.uk/superlite.php

I have made them for Mint 19.2 Mx-19, Ubuntu 18.04, Peppermint and today I made if for Lite 4.8.

Only found out about his distro in a Windows 7 video this morning. I have now added it as it is simply the best distro for migration to Linux from Windoze.

I thought Mint 19.2 was good but the mess in 19.3 leaving Gimp and VLC out with a terminal bug so you cannot load them until you fix the bug. Means that your's is the best distro I have found.

I hope it does well and gets the 34% of distros that Windows 7 has and lifting the 1% linux has.

I will certainly promote it from now on.
Inventor of Windows 12 Lite for Windows 7 users who want to remember the worlds worst operating system they have switched off from the internet and dual boot using Windows 12 Lite no ads no waiting when Updates are forced when you want to work. No virus no ransomware and 3 times faster than Windoze.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section