You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Rolling stone

Author (Read 8135 times)

Re: Rolling stone
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
@LinuxNoob
Nice desktop. I like how you did the panel and the graphs. :)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »

LinuxNoob

Thanks again everyone. My little Acer Aspire one lives again. Got her all set nice.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/buddy3315/Screenshot-10092014-091714PM_zps98ffc35f.png

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 01:40:38 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello LinuxNoob,

Welcome to the forum and community.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »

anon222

• Muted
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Pentium E5700 3GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GeForce GT 430
Hello and welcome to the community. :)

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
Howdy and Welcome.
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

Rolling stone
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:41:45 AM »

LinuxNoob

Found my home. Dammit I just keep coming back to Lite. I love the little linux distro. Fits me like a glove. I feel like I am the master of my domain. Does anyone know what I'm saying?

I Started Ubuntu 10.10 years ago and that was so disappointing. No not at the distro or even the Linux as an OS. I just had no clue what I was getting into. I think I broke it that same night. I was so clueless.

Gone back to Win7 for a few more years and saw a youtube video and that peaked my interest again. By that time I was gonna trying Ubuntu 14.04 and this time after watching a few hundred bash and distro install videos I decided to give Ubuntu another go. This time I managed to keep it going for over a month with out breaking it. Unity was fun but I got sick of it fast.

So I came across a few more reviews and found Linux Lite. I liked it and played with it a few days. Burnt me a CD and still wanted to see the others.

Tried to install Open Suse and I think something went wrong and bailed. Went back to Lite.

Few weeks later thought I try something else. Starting to figure this stuff out.

I  tried Linux mint KDE and I liked it but so much eye candy and stuff to play with and adjust. I did not like the Activities thingy and the different types of desktops and all I wanted was to put icons on the desktop. So I bailed on that but kept the disk.

Back to Lite

Tried some Jeos and did not get far with that at all. Tried FreeBSD NOPE never even got it installed.

I thought I should have to try Red Hat too but it seems like thats not a free distro.

Back to Lite. Think I'll stay a while.

Sorry for the long post....

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section