You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

New to Linux Lite, Virtual Box & Kali Linux

Author (Read 2892 times)

Re: New to Linux Lite, Virtual Box & Kali Linux
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 08:22:36 AM »

VES SAMS

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Thank you or your reply and your suggestions which I will start to explore in the next few weeks. I am slow now since I am 74 years old! But just adding a few more details to clarify.
When I was using the Netbook which came preloaded with Windows 7 it did allow me to upgrade free to Windows 10 but it would run into frequent slow responses which I felt may have been due to the 32 bit spec.I did a Google search for "best linux OS for lenovo netbook 32 bit" I came across LL 32 bit Version 3.1.18 & chose it just on instinct and also because the support to it had been frozen and I wanted to avoid upgrading. In any case Linux was supposed to work faster than Windows.
In addition to the paid ethical hacking course I later found that Youtube offered a vast array of free courses and I chose to follow The Complete Ethical Hacking Course Bundle! http://josephdelgadillo.com/product/h... which has 72 videos and I thought would be detailed enough to learn enough about Linux too.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYmlEoSHldN7HJapyiQ8kFLUsk_a7EjCw

Re: New to Linux Lite, Virtual Box & Kali Linux
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 09:24:58 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
https://www.kali.org/get-kali/#kali-virtual-machines

BUT... you need Linux Lite amd64 and a cpu and board capable of virtualization first.

You should read up a little more since Kali is just a rolling release of forensic and network analysis tools that are all separately available as Debian packages. It might be better for you to decide which ones you want and if they are available install them from synaptic. BUT... you will discover that you still need a 64bit system for many of them to get the newer versions.

Looking at your system report it appears you could run 64bit. I would try LL 4.x first then tools would be Debian old old stable (stretch) or if vbox then works use the vbox image from Kali above.

TC
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:37:30 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

New to Linux Lite, Virtual Box & Kali Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:35:46 AM »

VES SAMS

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! I started a new project last month by trying to recover my old Lenovo Ideapad Netbook which was earlier running on Windows 7. When I paid for an online ethical hacking course and when I was introduced to Virtual Box & Kali Linux in that course, I added those to the same project.
With absolutely no knowledge of any of these subjects I managed to revive the Netbook by installing Linux Lite 32 bit and Virtual Box but after 2 months I am stuck unable to add a Kali Linux Machine in the Virtual Box. After these 2 months of trial & error I am exhausted and wish someone could guide me in getting past this step.
Attaching my current Sysreport to show status.
Thanks to everyone for listening.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section