You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Belated congratulation!

Author (Read 7760 times)

Re: Belated congratulation!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:52:18 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Welcome to Linux Lite. I'm surprised how much the community have grown in just the last couple of months.

I imagine it will only grow faster in the months ahead as more of the old user base moves to the new site, and as any new exploits pop up in Windows XP - exploits that might encourage people to move to something that's still in active development...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
...as I guess from the number of members of the forum that LinuxLite does not have, as yet, a large following.

The Forums here were only a recent addition, we used to be hosted on the Linux Distro Community forums.
Thank you for your feedback, and welcome :)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »

Teddy

• 'Deep in the heart of Texas!'
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Texmex
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz/Turbo 3.5Ghz Quad Core (Skylake)

• MEMORY: 24Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M - 6GB VRAM

• Kernel: 6.x
Welcome to the Linux Lite Community! Do not hesitate to post any problems you may have and we will try to help you. Enjoy Linux Lite!
Theodore,

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e015dx (11-inch "Travelbook")
ASUS Republic Of Gamers G752VT-DH74 (17-inch Main) [6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU, 24GB RAM]

Belated congratulation!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »

frank4360

I have tried many versions of Linux over the years, having used Unix since the early '80's, but I really think that LinuxLite is exceptional. I run it on two small Netbooks, one an early Acer AspireOne with only 512mb RAM and a 8GB solid state drive, on which it performs brilliantly. This system came with a cut-down Linux called Linpus (RIP), and I have tried many small distros such as SliTaz, Puppy, DSL, EasyPeasy, Fuduntu, etc - all too basic or with other problems (I should exclude SliTaz from the last remark, as it runs well on a very old Acer laptop with less than 200mb RAM).

I know that it is a lot of work for you to maintain, but the lack of "bloat" in the system is worth it.

Thanks a lot for a great distro. I hope that you get lots of help, as I guess from the number of members of the forum that LinuxLite does not have, as yet, a large following. I will certainly recommend it to anyone.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section