You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hello again! I'm back after a bit of time.

Author (Read 7237 times)

Re: Hello again! I'm back after a bit of time.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »

Gramps

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel T5750 Core2Duo

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 integrated graphics
Ralphy, I kind of entered into computers more after my wife passed 4 1/2 years ago. Kept me busy, out of trouble and my kids happy that I was doing something "constructive" with my time instead of walking the hills of the farm or riding my old mule. The young fella isn't so young actually, he's 34 years old now. He and my grandsons fished, hunted and shot targets with me at the farm since he was about 9 years old. He checks up on the farm and  keeps an eye on things while I've been recuperating. He has just finished getting his DVM degree last year at Missouri U.

rokyntl, Yeap! being a grandpa is fun, being a great grampa is even more fun. My wife and I have 8 children, 27 grandchildren and 13 great grand children with another great grand child  now in the oven. Have a bit of a problem getting all of the names right. My wife could get everyone of the names right and not miss one. Never could figure out how she did it.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »

rokytnji

• Friganeer
  • Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo U9600

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4
Howdy and Welcome from another grandpa. Congrats on the new laptop. Strokes aint no joke.
LL 3.6,2.8
Dell XT2 > Touchscreen Laptop
Dell 755 > Desktop
Acer 150 > Desktop
I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:31:55 AM »

banko

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Celeron CPU T3300 (-MCP-)

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated
Welcome back :)
Look forward to your postings :)

Take care.

Keith.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:24:50 PM »

rijnsma

• Forum Regular
  • Never give up..
    • View Profile
Hi Gramps. That is real life what you're writing at 78 years young... so you're doing great.
What a terrible adventure. But you're blessed with such a 'young fella' in the neighbourhood.
Enjoy this fine OS, Linux Lite :) 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:27:04 PM by rijnsma »

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »

ralphy

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Developer
    • View Profile
Hello to all here. I've been gone for a bit and now have a different computer. I'm a bit older than last time I was here. I'll be 79 in January. Hope ya'll can put up with me and my questions. I have a lot of them. Had a bit of a fall on the farm last September and broke my arm, that seems to have caused a blood clot. Blood clot broke loose later and caused a stroke. So sometimes I have a bit of a hard time making things work the way I want. Young fella that hunts on my farm fixed up and gave me this computer. Lot faster than my old one. It had Windows 7 on it, now it has Linux Lite, the new version.
My computer is a Dell 1545 notebook that has been souped up a bit. It has a Intel P8700 cpu, 4 GB of memory, and a 160 GB hard drive. Well, I realized I have been rambling so I'll go away. Having a bit of trouble getting some things on it to work right in Lite.

So long for now,
Gramps

Gramps, what such a great feeling it is to read your post; it really is, thank you! You'll be 79 in January and you are embracing technology like a boss, good bless you sir! Let that young fella that hunts on your farm keep doing it; seems to be a person who cares about you.

Cheers!
https://unlockforus.com

Sorry for seeming stupid and preferring Linux - I just don't know any better.

Hello again! I'm back after a bit of time.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »

Gramps

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel T5750 Core2Duo

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 integrated graphics
Hello to all here. I've been gone for a bit and now have a different computer. I'm a bit older than last time I was here. I'll be 79 in January. Hope ya'll can put up with me and my questions. I have a lot of them. Had a bit of a fall on the farm last September and broke my arm, that seems to have caused a blood clot. Blood clot broke loose later and caused a stroke. So sometimes I have a bit of a hard time making things work the way I want. Young fella that hunts on my farm fixed up and gave me this computer. Lot faster than my old one. It had Windows 7 on it, now it has Linux Lite, the new version.
My computer is a Dell 1545 notebook that has been souped up a bit. It has a Intel P8700 cpu, 4 GB of memory, and a 160 GB hard drive. Well, I realized I have been rambling so I'll go away. Having a bit of trouble getting some things on it to work right in Lite.

So long for now,
Gramps

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section