You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

New install on a Dell Inspiron 1501

Author (Read 2347 times)

Re: New install on a Dell Inspiron 1501
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »

avj

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI RC410 Radeon Xpress 200/1100
Welcome to the forum.  There are many topics on problems with Broadcom hardware, just search Broadcom on the main page and you should find plenty to get you started. Enjoy the forum. :)
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

New install on a Dell Inspiron 1501
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »

ajlec2000

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Sempron 3500

• MEMORY: 512mb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI RS480
My Dell had Ubuntu 10.04 for five years. She was beginning to have issues. I wanted to update to whatever the latest animal is but when looking at the requirements for the new Ubuntu I thought the minimum requirements to be too high for the old girl. When I saw that the wonderfully overpriced Linux Magazine Pro has Linux Lite on the included disc and that the minimum requirements are reasonable I took a chance. So far the install works great. The only glitch is I can't get the on-board Broadcom 4311 working. Fortunately I have a Real Tek wireless USB that plugged, then played.
So here I am.

PS Some of the articles were interesting as well.   

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section