You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

My Turn

Author (Read 3657 times)

Re: My Turn
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
... Be it a ... a mistake made, it all helps others learn more about what can and what can't be done in LL. I hope that both good and bad will be shared, so that everyone learns more about it. ...

That I can do!  ;D

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:28:24 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello, and welcome!

Be it a new tip or a mistake made, it all helps others learn more about what can and what can't be done in LL. I hope that both good and bad will be shared, so that everyone learns more about it.

For me, it's not only about learning a new distro, but a new desktop environment in XFCE. A lot of it is already helping me (and, I hope, everyone else) to put together a distro that's best suited for my needs and desires in an OS.

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:59:57 AM »

Teddy

• 'Deep in the heart of Texas!'
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Texmex
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz/Turbo 3.5Ghz Quad Core (Skylake)

• MEMORY: 24Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M - 6GB VRAM

• Kernel: 6.x
Welcome to the LL community! I agree that Valtam has done a excellent job buliding this wonderful community distro! Hope you enjoy Linux Lite!
Theodore,

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e015dx (11-inch "Travelbook")
ASUS Republic Of Gamers G752VT-DH74 (17-inch Main) [6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU, 24GB RAM]

My Turn
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »

ohjrson

• I know enough to get into trouble
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Quad core

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: internal

• Kernel: 6.x
OK I guess I had better introduce myself. My user name is really not complicated I derived it from my family. O.H. was my grandfathers name, short for Olton Hoyt first and middle respectively. My father was named after him. That's where the Jr comes in, of course I am my fathers son so there ya go.. ohjrson. Any questions? just ask....

On another note I have been playing around with the Linux OS systems for about I guess three years maybe four or 5 can't really remember when I started. Ok maybe I started in 2007 At any rate I am no closer to being any kind of know it all. Nor am I fluent in even a 1/4 of what some of you guys are doing. I like Linux OS and Ubuntu simply because BILL GATES and Windows has nothing to do with them and it is free.... Never mind the fact that these OS's are geared for the user and not the corporations. I absolutely love what Valtam has done with Linux Lite. His creation is phenomenal, LL is by far the best I have seen of all the Ubuntu, Unix or any other operating system. The mere fact that he was able to combine some of them together to make one comprehensive OS is brilliant!!!

OK sorry went on there. But yeah I have tried a lot of OS and this is the one I am hooked on.
Great Job Valtam.

ohjrson
LL 6.6 Dell Power Edge T310 Quad core 32g
LL 6.6 Acer E5-722-49HD A4-7210 Quad core
LL 6.6 Acer AX3812-E9502 intel Quad core
LL 6.2 Dell Optiplex 755 intel Core 2 duo
LL 3.8 Acer Aspire 3000 AMD processor
Simple, Fast, Efficient, Free, and Beats Windows all to hell.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section