You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Loving Linux Lite

Author (Read 2866 times)

Re: Loving Linux Lite
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 12:26:51 PM »

Xorcist

• Evil Genius!?!?!
  • New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (3.20GHz)

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon X600 (RV380/M24)
Yeah SunVox is pretty awesome. It's not as complete as other DAWs (actually more of a Tracker than a full out DAW), but it is super easy to setup and use and runs on a variety of platforms. And for my purposes it does a great job of generating retro style chiptune sounds, plus my Akia MPK249 MIDI keyboard worked with it out of the box, no setup or fuss.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »

Wirezfree

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite "Advocate"
    • View Profile

• CPU: i7-4790S

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD4600 (Integrated)
Hi and Welcome...

Thanks for the ref to "SunVox", this is new to me... and me likes it,
Looks really cool even to an oldie like me
[youtube]iUx8PrDqUiY[/youtube]
Upgrades WIP 2.6 to 2.8 - (6 X 2.6 to 2.8 completed on: 20/02/16 All O.K )
Linux Lite 3.0 Humming on a ASRock N3070 Mobo ~ btrfs RAID 10 Install on 4 Disks :)

Computers Early days:
ZX Spectrum(1982) , HP-150 MS-DOS(1983) , Amstrad CPC464(1984) ,  BBC Micro B+64(1985) , My First PC HP-Vectra(1987)

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »

rijnsma

• Forum Regular
  • Never give up..
    • View Profile
Hi Exorcist, your name reminds of that computer of long ago when computing was fun and hobby. ;)
This is a great OS. Have fun like in old days.

Loving Linux Lite
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »

Xorcist

• Evil Genius!?!?!
  • New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (3.20GHz)

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon X600 (RV380/M24)
So I recently made the decision to expand my horizons and find a Linux distro that would be an alternative to the horror that is Windows 8/10.

Through out my life I've primarily been a Windows user, currently using Windows 7. However I'm not a 100% newbie, as I've used Unix/Linux before, and my job in is software development (though when it comes to Linux, at this point I'm more "aware" and "informed", than I am "experienced").

Long story short though, after previewing several live discs I narrowed it down to Linux Lite 2.4 and promptly installed it, I've been using it for about a week now, and so far I've been very happy with it. Everything is laid out well and intuitive, and even installing custom software/hardware has been a breeze.

I'm currently using this setup as a retro game development workstation, using SDL, CodeLite, Plastic SCM, Aseprite, SunVox, and sfxr, and things couldn't be smoother.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:27:19 PM by Xorcist »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section