You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hello

Author (Read 2922 times)

Re: Hello
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Linuxkumpel

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium P6100

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel X4500HD

• Kernel: 5.x
The best way to find out is to try it out. (You test the pudding by eating it.)  ;)
LL 5.0 64 bit Packard Bell Easynote TK 85 (since 1.0.6)
Manjaro 20.1 Xfce 64 bit Thinkpad T420s
Pop!_OS 20.04 64 bit HUAWEI Matebook D (AMD)
Solus 4.1 Lenovo M30-70
PeppermintOS 10 64 bit Dell Inspiron 11-3162
ROSA 11 Fresh 64 bit Packard Bell dot SE

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 03:48:31 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 4.x
I believe it would not cost you much, even of your time, to simply try and see.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 02:11:59 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
We don't 'recommend other distros' here, there are place for that like Linuxquestions. Have you tried Linux Lite live? It would most certainly answer all 3 questions fairly quickly.

Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »

trimis

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: onboard
I'm an XP Pro user looking to find an easy to use lightweight distro to run as a LiveCD in RAM. I tried various versions of Puppy, but trying to get it to connect to the internet was too irritating. I'm looking for something similar, but it absolutely must meet three requirements:

1. It must connect to the internet automatically like MX Linux does. I most definitely will not be fooling with any internet connection setup, like the popup in Puppy Linux.

2. It must be ready to play videos at YouTube, Putlockers, or similar sites out of the box, without me having to fuss with it...and the sound must not be in messed up (like in slow motion).

3. No CLI requirement. Between Dyslexia and ADD, there is not much that grinds on my nerves faster than CLI.

My PC is used Dell OptiPlex 755, which I had a local computer shop check for malware, then modify to my specs. The 4GB cheap RAM was ditched, and replaced with 8GB brand-name. The CD-ROM was replaced by a DVD burner. The spare 5.25 bay was given over to a mobile-rack and bare hard disk for secondary HDD (MX Linux will eventually be installed there). I'm using a wired-only VDSL setup, meaning zero wi-fi/bluetooth junk.

I have never tried Linux Lite, so I wanted to ask here if this distro can meet my three requirements. If not, maybe someone can recommend a distro that can.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section