You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hopefully the end to my distro hopping OCD. Help keep me accountable

Author (Read 3800 times)

Re: Hopefully the end to my distro hopping OCD. Help keep me accountable
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »

avj

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI RC410 Radeon Xpress 200/1100
Welcome back. :)
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Re: Hopefully the end to my distro hopping OCD. Help keep me accountable
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:49:19 PM »

rijnsma

• Forum Regular
  • Never give up..
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome!  ;)

Distro-hopping is because there are very few distro's which have ALL important things right.
When you have to work with it....

Windows has a register-structure and that can be great, but makes it also prone to a lot of not so nice things. I stopped working with Windows in about 2003 and (almost) never looked back.

But who knows in future? Or with something else?
For now it is Linux for me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:00:36 PM by rijnsma »

Hopefully the end to my distro hopping OCD. Help keep me accountable
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »

dziendobry

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
alright, I really want to stick with linux lite.  I think the last time I ran it was 2.0  Now i'm back and trying to stop distro hopping around.  I'd like to get involved with the community here as well as contribute.  My primary job for 10 years was supporting Windows work stations but I have always been an advocate of open source and used Linux at home for all of our machines.  I don't like coming home and having to do my job by troubleshooting, updating, fixing windows machines.  Right now I am seeking employment and am hoping to find something that at least for part of my duties can get me away from windows.  My dream career would be to work with linux full time. 

Anywho, Hello!  I'm running linux lite 2.6 on a X230 Thinkpad.  Haven't had time to tweak it yet.  Been installed for about 15 minutes replacing Xubuntu.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section