You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hi from Melbourne

Author (Read 7786 times)

Re: Hi from Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »

avj

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI RC410 Radeon Xpress 200/1100
Welcome to the forum. :)
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
A live-cd recognizing one's wifi adapter is dependent upon the hardware involved and the Linux kernel used in the Live CD.  It did not recognize my wifi adapter until after the install, updates, and me installing a Broadcom driver.  Nevertheless, I do think Linux Lite's stability, ease of maintenance, documentation, and forum support are enough to make your visit to it a sticky one. 

Welcome to the forum.  You're in the right place.
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 03:11:44 AM »

Lynne

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Celeron(R) Duel-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz 2094.90MHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 4 Series Intergrated Graphics Controller
Hi Tom & welcome to this LL forum. Yes, I like the Lite Tweaks too and use it frequently.

The guys and gals on this forum are a great bunch and you'll get all sorts of tips and tricks from them. Also just having a good read of the posts that you think you might need.

Um, you won't need Variety wallpaper changer at all. Just read the dialogue box that pops up when you want to change your desktop background and you'll find a choice of folders you can have, how long for the change of each image, how to scale or stretch or tile etc., and much, much more. It is just so nifty! I have a selection of our photos loaded and sit here enjoying our Vic beaches and coastline again and again and again.

Lynne ... :)

Hi from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:50:11 AM »

aviceda

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 2x Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

• MEMORY: 8Gb
Have an old Dell - Dimension 3100 (Pentium 4) and have been trying out various distros, Mepis, Antix, PCLinux et al but am very impressed with the ease and efficiency of Linux Lite 2.6, it picked up my wifi adaptor from the live-CD and continued through the install (which quite a few other distros had failed to do)

Love the 'Lite Tweaks' too

I even managed to install the Variety-Wallpaper changer http://peterlevi.com/variety/ with no dramas.

I can see this becoming my 'distro-of-choice',

Well done!

Tom

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section