You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hi!

Author (Read 2719 times)

Re: Hi!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 08:56:19 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Hi and welcome!

Part or your ost should go in the support section but...
You can put commands in a .sh file (myfile.sh), I'm pretty sure you can put it "executable" and make an icon for it.
I'm a bit too noob to help there though. :-S
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 01:21:33 AM »

Bad Raven

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo [email protected]

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3400
Life long (very long  ::) ) Windows user from v3.0 to Win 10.  Over time various older laptops have come to me, usually with the horrendous slug of an OS called something like "Vesta"    ;D  :-X  (cos it'll burn you!!).  Note, I have only just finally dumped XPPro on two desktops, one a HUGE tower !!!

Last "gift" was a decent looking Sony Vaio laptop that I was asked to get working as the person's son had dropped, ripped the power socket out and his Uni Thesis was on the HDD (which jumping ahead was threatening failure on boot). Needless to say he had no backup at all.

After saving his bacon I was given the laptop.  I'm into freestyle Quadcopter flying so thought I'd make it work for that, loading Betaflight and Butterflight and Cleanflight configurators (to Vista). This OS brought them to their knees coughing. I don't have THAT long a life left to wait for them to boot and run C...O...M...M...A...N...D............S!   ;)

So, the Vaio with new cheap HDD and an old Dell are now on LinuxLite, 4.6 on the Vaio and (through date done) 4.2 on the Dell. Suddenly they respond!!!

Both run Betaflight (as an example) OK, while the program loads and runs, it lists the USB connection when the quadcopter is USB connected, but will not actually connect. Hunting around I found that it requires the USB port opening each time loaded, which I am doing (through lack of knowledge) manually.

What I'm doing is in CLI "sudo chmod +666 /dev/ttyACM0" after the prog has loaded and the Quad is connected.

Obviously I'd prefer to automate this, esp as some operations on Quads require several program boots!

Don't know how! Have a desktop icon to fire the program up, can this be altered like a batch file in Windows?  Point me at a link please as I have not discovered one?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section