You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hello, thank you and please

Author (Read 3445 times)

Re: Hello, thank you and please
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »

nomad3

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
It looks very useful, I will check it out. Thank you!

Re: Hello, thank you and please
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »

NN

• a Xubuntu 16.04.4 LTS user
  • Muted
  • Forum Regular
  • just a visitor
    • View Profile

• CPU: Muted

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Muted
Now I ask of you a quick recommendation: what clipboard manager do you recommend? I need to access the clipboard history, preferably with keyboard shortcuts, but anything that will access more than a few clipboard entries will help. I saw a suitable nifty extension from Gnome extensions (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/779/clipboard-indicator/), but I couldn't make that work. I searched the forum for 'Gnome extensions', but I couldn't find anything specific to using them with Linux Lite.

Hi!

I myself use ClipIt, with this clipboard manager one can edit the records just in the manager and without using a text editor. ClipIt is full-featured and very customizable. It also has 'keyboard shortcuts'.

Here is a screenshot of the app:

In my opinion, it's the best clipboard manager available in Ubuntu. To install it use the terminal command sudo apt install clipit

P.S. If you use older versions of Ubuntu, then the command will be sudo apt-get install clipit
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:12:47 AM by NN »
... let the dead bury their dead (Matthew 8:22)

Hello, thank you and please
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »

nomad3

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Hi!

This is my first time full-time replacing Windows 8.1 with Linux. The programs I used for work prevented me from doing it long ago (there are no replacements for them), but now I can am use web-based applications.

I tried several flavors of Linux before, including supposedly user friendly ones such as Ubuntu and Elementary OS, but they never made me feel confident and reassured I would find my way around. It is still Linux, so lots of learning ahead. But I must say Thank you to the creators and collaborators of this amazing and well sorted out Operating System.

It was not without hiccups. Installing from Yumi wouldn't work, when I used Etcher it finally installed, but corrupted my Windows hard drive. I know, surely user fault. It happened before, so I was prepared with a backup copy of that disk to restore it if something went wrong (Macrium is amazing for that).

Now I ask of you a quick recommendation: what clipboard manager do you recommend? I need to access the clipboard history, preferably with keyboard shortcuts, but anything that will access more than a few clipboard entries will help. I saw a suitable nifty extension from Gnome extensions (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/779/clipboard-indicator/), but I couldn't make that work. I searched the forum for 'Gnome extensions', but I couldn't find anything specific to using them with Linux Lite.

A big virtual hug for all of you that don't mind getting one!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section