You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hello from snowy Maine, USA

Author (Read 14793 times)

Hello from snowy Maine, USA
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »

Mike

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Hello All,

I've been using some form of Linux since 2007. Even though LL mainly targets Windows users, I find that is suitable for the more advanced Linux users as well. It has a nice blend of sane, simple defaults and minimal bling while also being attractive. Major kudos to the devs.

I haven't extensively tested the distro but a few things stood out to me right away:

• The task manager and screenshot utilities in the desktop right-click menu are very handy and something that I haven't seen in other distros.
  • I was a little surprised to see that there are no cursor themes installed by default. While I don't mind the no-frills X cursor that LL uses, I imagine new users may like a few options. Was the minimal inclusion of cursors and GTK themes intentional to keep the ISO small? Just curious.
  • It was nice to see a font other than standard Sans used. Another good font from Google/Android is Roboto.
  • Everything appears to work OOTB for me on an Acer C720P (chromebook). The only thing that I found a little odd was that my cursor changed to a VERY slanted cursor during the installation process. Obviously it's not a deal breaker but I noticed it.

To the devs: Keep up the great work, you've made an excellent distro! The LTS factor is much appreciated when many other distros are trying to be bleeding edge. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:54:51 PM by mlsmith »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section