You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Back After an Absence

Author (Read 4661 times)

Back After an Absence
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 08:48:34 PM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Lieutenant Commander, Confederate Space Force
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Technophobe

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi everyone,
I'm not new here but I've been away for a long while.  I have remained very fond of Linux Lite even while "moving on" to pure Debian and MX-18.  But lately I'm helping some newbies and if I'm not doing the OS install myself, I send Linux newbies here. I wrote about it here in my blog.

The only trouble I had was an old mistake I repeated: Downloading updates during installation.  It always made Ubiquity lock up.  But a second attempt installed effortlessly.  The other issue was reeeeeally long boot time, but a quick search of the forum led right to the answer: Purge Virtualbox stuff.  Problem solved.
For right now Linux Lite is my only OS since my desktop suddenly had some kinda hardware malfunction and won't even power up.  It's going to the shop tomorrow to find out why.  When I get it back I'll dual-boot Linux Lite with my MX-18, which I'm very fond of and delighted with.  I don't think it's quite as "newbie friendly" as LL, but it has a wonderful set of cool tools.
I'm happy to be back and hope to contribute.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section