General > Introductions

Hello! Nice to meet you!

<< < (2/2)

N4RPS:
Hello, Shadow!

Welcome to Linux Lite. What impresses ME about LL is its combination of speed and simplicity. You MIGHT get a little extra speed once you acquire enough knowledge to build you own 'bare bones' install, then add only what you need and want to it, but even then, a PC won't get very much faster.

Valtam, have you folks considered building a 32-bit LL using a non-PAE 12.04 kernel, or is it not practical?

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Teddy:
Welcome to the Linux Lite community!

dodo:
Hi Shadow, i am newbie in Linux just like you.
Welcome  ;D

Shadow:
Hello fellow users. My first time here at the forums. My name is Shadow. We installed Linux Lite to our main PC(Well I did actually lol) as we don't have the money to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 or even buy a new PC altogether. Linux seemed to be the only option for us as it's free to download and install sooo, we went with Linux Lite since it's meant to be good with older hardware so far am impressed by it's speedy performance. We've just moved from Windows XP to Linux Lite as it was the only distro we could find that would run on our old PC. It will be our first year with Linux. I do have a question though hope this isn't too much trouble to answer.

Okay so we have one main PC with 3 user accounts. One admin(me) and two normal accounts, the problem is when the other two normal accounts wants to shutdown the pc after use the system keeps asking for my admin password which starting to get annoying for the other two users. How can I make the computer shutdown without the need of my admin password? The version of Linux Lite where using is 1.0.8 32bit on a Dell machine.

Anyone reply thanks for the help. Oh and great OS keep up the good work!

Shadow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version