You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Greetings

Author (Read 3713 times)

Re: Greetings
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello Tyrannocaster,

Welcome to the forum :)

Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 8Gb
Welcome to the Forum and Linux Lite Tyrannocaster  :)

Greetings
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 10:48:51 AM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Always wanted to say that - sort of like a draft board notice.

I'm a longtime Mac user (and Amigas before that, LOL) who also uses Windows - I'm mainly interested in music (ex-pro musician) and graphics but I decided to switch to Linux for my internet needs and daily non-music/graphics tasks because I just won't ever buy a newer Mac (crap stuff) and as for Windows...the less said, the better. So far I'm fine with Linux Lite (I've used several distros in the past, but just on live versions; this is my first time seriously using it and having to get everything working as well as possible), but there will undoubtedly be hiccups and I'll be sure to post here.

One pleasant surprise is that the Linux version of Reaper works really well, although at this point I'll be sticking to Windows for that because of all the VSTs I have. I did have an unpleasant surprise when I tried copying files to a usb drive though - the transfer rate was awful. I will post about that in one of the other forums, as it seems to be a rather general Linux complaint.

I did the Virtual Box removal stuff and with a SSD system disk my bootup time is totally acceptable. I think it would have been better for the devs to turn that off by default though, because you see complaints all over the place about the long bootup time but the complainers often don't actually look into it so they don't realize what the cause is. It gives the distro a bad name IMO.

More later; cheers, and hello.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section