You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Hello from the UK

Author (Read 1825 times)

Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 04:13:11 AM »

Şerban S.

• Şerban
  • PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Forum

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 + NVidia GK107 (GeForce GT630 OEM)

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello from România!

Also, welcome into this community!

Greets from sunless and drab British Isles..........

Hi!
Ive been using Linux based OS's for about ten years. I currently use several machines with Linux Mint Cinnamon and Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish (silly name or what?).

Im a masochist, I dual boot with Windows 11 and I also run Virtualbox's for test driving stuff.

Recently I found LinuxLite and I really like it. Im running LL 6.6 in my VB now. It has run faultlessly so I am pretty certain that this OS will be a breath of fresh air for a couple of my lower spec laptops. I may even adopt it on a couple of my better models.

I see this system has been well thought out and incorporates some damn useful stuff. It saved me hunting trough synaptic and software manager.

Any rate.............

Thanks, and Ill be keeping an eye on the forum here for sure.
 :beamup

I've been using Mint for 5 years on a daily basis, starting from 2012. I then moved to Linux Lite and this is the OS as if today.
Obviously, I'm pleased with it "from top to toe".
As for VirtualBox, I stopped distro hopping some years ago, but I used it for the same purpose, maybe about three years (or more?).
Since Linux Lite offers me all I need, and is fast and stable, I lack even the slightest reason to test anything else, even if that takes less than a day worth of work for an in-depth testing.

Dual booting with Windows.

I can relate to that.
In Romania, the government favors Microsoft. All the administration uses Windows so if you have some official papers to solve (finances mostly), you're trapped in the Win world.
Lately, some web apps emerged but for whatever reason, officials move slower than a lazy turtle...

My best regards, Șerban.
"It's easy to die for an idea. It's way harder TO LIVE for your idea!"
Current Machine:
 Dell Precision T1700, 16 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.
Laptop:
 ASUS X200MA , Intel® Celeron® N2830, 2 GB RAM, SSD Kingston A400, 480 GB.

Hello from the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 12:28:01 PM »

CUP-0-t

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Only two

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Virtualbox
Greets from sunless and drab British Isles..........

Hi!
Ive been using Linux based OS's for about ten years. I currently use several machines with Linux Mint Cinnamon and Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish (silly name or what?).

Im a masochist, I dual boot with Windows 11 and I also run Virtualbox's for test driving stuff.

Recently I found LinuxLite and I really like it. Im running LL 6.6 in my VB now. It has run faultlessly so I am pretty certain that this OS will be a breath of fresh air for a couple of my lower spec laptops. I may even adopt it on a couple of my better models.

I see this system has been well thought out and incorporates some damn useful stuff. It saved me hunting trough synaptic and software manager.

Any rate.............

Thanks, and Ill be keeping an eye on the forum here for sure.
 :beamup

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section