You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Cheers from Ralphy

Author (Read 13097 times)

Re: Cheers from Ralphy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:46:16 PM »

ralphy

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Developer
    • View Profile
Thank you for your kind words and contribution to Linux Lite, and welcome to the community Ralphy. :)

I appreciate the warm welcome. Those words are well deserved. Thanks to you and the dedicated group of people who make possible such a beautiful OS. What caught my attention the most is the distro's simplicity and its orientation towards making it practical for new users. The Help Manual is by far one of the best and more complete I've seen out of many distributions. Linux Lite is definitely quite user-oriented, which is a concept that most developers (due to their nature and proficiency in Linux) don't take into account as a key fundament. Don't change that concept unless it is to make it yet even better please :) 

I agree with you about LL 100% Ralphy. Thank you for the contribution to this innovative and powerful Linux distro. I no longer recommend any other Linux distro to my clients interested in trying Linux. The response to LL here locally (suburban upper midwest US) is excellent. 

TC

Glad to hear we share thoughts in common. Keep exhorting your clients to give Linux a try. 

That is a cool contribution.  Thanks for adding the mirror.  How did you learn how to do that?  Are you a systems or network engineer by profession?

I'm a certified IT Professional sysadmin/network administrator with a little bit of experience in the field (14 years). There really isn't much behind a mirror setup although there is a learning curve like with everything else in technology. Glad to be able to contribute to the community with a mirror.
https://unlockforus.com

Sorry for seeming stupid and preferring Linux - I just don't know any better.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:29:24 AM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
That is a cool contribution.  Thanks for adding the mirror.  How did you learn how to do that?  Are you a systems or network engineer by profession?
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:10:11 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

I agree with you about LL 100% Ralphy. Thank you for the contribution to this innovative and powerful Linux distro. I no longer recommend any other Linux distro to my clients interested in trying Linux. The response to LL here locally (suburban upper midwest US) is excellent. 

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

Thank you for your kind words and contribution to Linux Lite, and welcome to the community Ralphy. :)

Cheers from Ralphy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »

ralphy

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Developer
    • View Profile
Hello all Linux lovers :)

Ralphy here, saying hi to the community. Let's see... a little bit of mia culpa... for whatever reasons I had never tried Linux Lite until recently, and I have to admit that I'm not that new to Linux. Not sure what kept me away but I never felt attracted so to speak.

I gotta tell you friends, what a beautiful and snappy OS Linux Lite is. Its simplicity and fundamentals is astonishing to me, taking into account that I had never considered it before. In my humble opinion, Linux Lite shines to a brilliant perfection. It is a lightweight and lighting fast operating system that doesn't get in the middle, gets the job done and packages outstanding friendliness for anyone, specially for new users; while featuring a “full-blown-features-rich” desktop at the same time. Great job, seriously!

As a way to say thank you for Linux Lite and show appreciation in a more tangible way, I've decided to host a repository mirror to give back to the community. The mirror hosts packages from 6 different servers geographically distributed, in an Anycast network, with IP failover and load balancing. These servers should give most users good response time irrespective their geographic location.

I truly hope they serve the community well.

Cheers!
https://unlockforus.com

Sorry for seeming stupid and preferring Linux - I just don't know any better.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section