You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Wine wont install

Author (Read 2792 times)

Re: Wine wont install
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:24:11 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Forget about posting back with that code.  I just looked over your post and realized we're only going to be looking for one thing in sources list which can be done more easily this way:

*  Go to Menu -> System -> Install/Remove Software.

*  That opens the Synaptic Package Manager.

*  In Synaptic, click Settings -> Repositories; then click the Other Software tab.

*  Make sure there is a check mark in the box next to the listing shown below.

*  Click Close and then "Reload" if it asks you to do that.

*  Now, you should be able to install Wine through Menu -> Settings -> Install Additional Software.

The games pack should already work and if that Wine listing has a check mark next to it in above procedure it should work also.  If neither works again, open your text editor and type something to see if your <CapsLock> key is on.  If it's not, type your password and make sure that it types out as you expect to see it and that none of the keys are typing something unexpected.  If you have a key that is sensitive, it might be entering two characters or more by accident when you type.

For future reference -- How to copy/paste from terminal to forum:

After you get the results of command in the terminal, scroll to top of terminal where the output begins.  With your mouse, hold down the left-click button at beginning of output.  While holding down left-click, scroll to bottom of output to highlight it all; then let go of left-click mouse button.  Now, right-click on the highlighted area and choose "Copy".  (If you right-click outside of highlighted area it won't work.)

Now you should be able to right-click and choose "Paste" between the code blocks.

gold_finger hey i did that and i got the fallowing message ... an error , E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

i have no idea what that is. any ideas ?

EDIT .. sorry gold finger i should have read farther down. anyways i done as you said and the end result i got was... Errors were encountered while processing:
 wine1.6-amd64
linuxlite@linuxlite-Aspire-X1430:~$

Hi marvz,

I quoted your last post on other thread back over to here to keep everything under your own post and also to try attracting attention of others who are familiar with Wine.  I have zero experience with it, so not sure if there are things I don't know that may apply to your problem.  (Anyone else want to jump in here, please do.)

Sounds like after you ran sudo dpkg --configure -a you got error message "Errors were encountered while processing:  wine1.6-amd64".

I'm not sure what problem is.  Run these commands and post back with the output (press <Enter> after each line):
Code: [Select]
dpkg -l | grep "wine"
ls /var/cache/apt/archives/partial
ls /var/cache/apt/archives | grep "wine"

Follow directions shown here for copying and pasting command output to the forum.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

Re: Wine wont install
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Read what I wrote here and the response right under it.  If you have same result as that responder, follow rest of thread to solve problem.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

Wine wont install
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:44 AM »

marvz

so i went to download Wine in the additional software box and after i pressed 24 and enter a pop up window keeps comming up saying... Cant Install Wine. any idea why that could be ?  ???

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section