Software - Support > Installing Software

Using Java to run software

(1/3) > >>

Colin23erk:
I have just installed Lite 2 on a different Netbook and could not get Keepboard to work again using the installed  OpenJRE ( I suspect it might be the Java Common app is wrong )

I uninstalled Java using Synaptic
 I used Synaptic to Install "Default Java JRK "which included  a full list of dependencies  after which when I opened Keepboard  "K" appeared on the "Panel" and works OK

To make it open automatically on Startup I put an entry in
Menu /Settings / Session and Startup / Application Autostart / Add / Name -Keepboard and Browse to where you located the Keepboard app and select the START SH file

"K" appears on Panel  at I used Synaptic to Install "Default Java JRK "which included  a full list of dependencies  after which when I opened Keepboard it appeared on the "Panel" and works OK

Colin

N4RPS:
Hello!

Congrats, Colin. I'm glad you were able to work this one out. Now the next person has an idea about what to do - IF they bother to search the forums.

As for myself, I'm pretty much clueless about Java, and it's next to impossible to create the exact conditions needed to help someone with problems like these...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Jerry:
Glad it's working for you :)

Colin23erk:
Re  Keepboard not running in Java Runtime Environment

I managed to get it to work by re-installing Java in Lite 2 Beta

I did  new  Install of   Lite 2 Final and Keepboard stopped working again

I uninstalled Java and tried to re-install it with Synaptic and had problems with Broken Links etc

Also when I right clicked the JAR.JAR file it showed the default  was JRE and available  even though there was no Java showing correctly with  the terminal command -  java -version

I Closed Linux and opened it again
I used Synaptic to Install "Default Java JRK "which included  a full list of dependencies  after which when I opened Keepboard it appeared on the "Panel" and works OK

Colin

Colin23erk:
Hello

Tried Clipman as  you suggested - It works OK but is not quite what I wanted . I used Classic Clipboard in XP in which I could store clips that I used frequently like my email address etc . I tried using it via Wine but it locks up . I was looking for something similar

I am using the following -- is this the same as you ran Keepboard successfully with .

colin@colin-NC110:~$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_55"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version