You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Switching Desktop Environments?

Author (Read 10070 times)

Re: Switching Desktop Environments?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Kryptonium. Switching desktop environments is not supported in LL. Here's what the LL user manual says about it:

Changing Desktop Environments

This distro is a heavily modified version of the XFCE desktop environment. However, being GNU/Linux based allows people the freedom to modify their system as they see fit. There are numerous desktop environments in GNU/Linux. Including but not limited to:

Enlightenment
Gnome
KDE
LXDE
Razor-qt

If you desire to install another desktop environment, we cannot provide specific instructions on how to do this. There are far to many variables involved and much can go wrong. This kind of system modification is best left to experienced Linux users. The whole philosophy behind Linux Lite is to provide new users to Linux based operating systems an easy to use, functional desktop experience. Our support time is better spent dedicated to helping existing Linux Lite users on the XFCE desktop.

Switching Desktop Environments?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »

Kryptonium

Is this possible?
I switched from Ubuntu 14.04 and I don't see the drop down to switch desktop environments like how it is on the login screen for Ubuntu.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section