You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Steps to install this Linux compatible touch typing program

Author (Read 3257 times)

Re: Steps to install this Linux compatible touch typing program
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 04:29:48 AM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
Yay, Solved.  Since I'm new I really wasn't sure what to do and mistakenly at the tipp10.com site felt that I needed to download the Linux binary download instead of (K)Ubuntu/Debian. 

I struggled (unsuccessfully) to get it installed once I downloaded and extracted the tar.gz file (following the steps I had found at the tipp10 site) and when unsuccessful went here: https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/tutorials/how-to-install-software/

Then when I continued to be unsuccessful I googled and confirmed that Linux Lite was Ubuntu so went back to the tipp10 site and downloaded the (K)Ubuntu/Debian download.  THEN followed the forum link how-to-install-software and went to the section titled: Installing .deb files and chose the first of two options - double click on the downloaded .deb file and PRESTO it was easy.

So, simply because there may be other noobies like me out there I thought I'd post my success  ;)

Steps to install this Linux compatible touch typing program
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:36:51 PM »

JanetBiggar

• PayPal Supporter
  • I come here a lot
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • iizidima
I have found what looks like a good alternative to Klavaro (Klavaro is package that is available through synaptic package manager HOWEVER Klavaro currently has a bug and doesn’t open) so I found TIPP10.

I am new to LL, running 3.4 and very happy with it. I’m looking for a touch typing program so that the youth who use these older computers with LL 3.4 can learn how to type to prepare themselves for University whereby knowing how to type properly will save them time.

I found a Linux compatible program and here is the link explaining how to add it.  I have some questions that I’m hoping someone can answer as I’d like to try adding it to one of the computers this weekend and if successful will add it to others.

This is the link that discusses installation:
https://www.tipp10.com/doc/html/en/content/installation.html#linux

QUESTIONS:
1) the pertinent section is 3.4 on the page however I’m unsure if I am able to do installation via package manager or if I must do it manually.  Unfortunately the two links it provides for installation instructions take me to a German site.
Installation with package manager speaks of Ubuntu and (K)ubuntu - dumb question I know, but is LL 3.4 Ubuntu? Will I be able to use the instructions it shows there using package manager?

2) IF I have to go manually do I simply follow the instructions for manual installation or is there anything more specific I need to know to do?

I will experiment on one computer and if I run into trouble I will revert to an earlier “systemback point”!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:33:46 AM by JanetBiggar »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section